Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
Recipe Found on Food.com - Contributed by Marie S @RecipeNut
- Need to make a delicious cake in a hurry?
- This Pineapple Upside Down Cake was an Editor's Pick at food.com. It's not only easy peasy to make...it tastes like you made it from scratch!
- TIP: Make this in a cupcake pan and make individual desserts for a party. They look amazing and are always a hit!
- 1cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2cup butter
- 1(20 ounce) can of pineapple slices
- 1(8 ounce) jar of maraschino cherries (optional)
- walnuts as desired (optional)
(18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- Using an oblong pan, follow instructions on store bought cake box for making a single layer cake.
- Prepare cake batter per box instructions and set aside.
- Cut up butter in small pieces and place all over the bottom of the oblong pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar generously over the butter.
- Place pan on the stove and heat slowly until butter and sugar melt to a liquid then remove from heat. (You can place in oven instead of stovetop if preferred.)
- Evenly space the pineapple slices around the bottom of pan in the heated sugar and butter.
- Place the cherries and nuts between the pineapple slices (Cherries and nuts are optional.)
- Pour cake batter on top of the pineapple, cherry and nut layer.
- Place in oven and bake as directed on cake box.
- As soon as cake is done place a plate over the cake and turn upside down and carefully remove pan.
- If you wait too long the sugar will harden and be difficult to remove.
- Note: Peaches may be used instead of pineapple (but we prefer pineapples). 😉😜